9:10pm Sydney time, 2:10pm local time.14 hours is a long flight. The vast multitude of movies, music and tv shows helps a lot. But when you watch three movies and the flight is only halfway in one realises how long the trip is. The first thing I noticed about Dubai airport is how big it is, it also rather fancy, plus they have free wireless and power points. Unfortunately I can't seem to see much of Dubai from the airport. It is a very strange feeling when it should be dark and it's the middle of the day.
I can see the world's tallest building from the airport, but it was a speck in the distance from where I was, although it does still stand out above everything else. Things are done a little differently here than in Australia. There are security guards everywhere, much more than at Sydney airport. There are also gender designated prayer rooms. When I came through the arrivals gate they wanted us to take our shoes off and put them in the X-ray machine. They didn't seem to care about taking laptops out of our bags like they did in Sydney though.
Right now I can hear some guy making some sort of singing noise from somewhere else in the airport. It's not in a language I can understand so I have no idea what it is.
14/12 9:15pm - Zürich
My body currently thinks it is 7am and I haven't slept for nearly 30 hours. The plane was not so good because I was extremely tired but couldn't sleep. Now I'm past that stage and am completely awake again. I have just gotten on the train and it was on time to the dot and the tracks are very smooth, much more than Sydney.
The airport was very efficient. There was a driverless shuttle train from the part of the terminal that I got off to the part where the exit is. It just runs up and down the track and only takes 3 minutes to make a round trip.Everything in Switzerland seems awesome, especially technology related. The power points are superior to Australian ones. You can see from the photo that the power points are layed out and devices made so that they all fit unlike power packs going into power boards which never fit next to each other in Australia. The light switches are also push buttons. It is very cold here, currently it is -8 and it is snowing. My Sydney winter jacket is basically useless here.
No comments:
Post a Comment