Friday, December 18, 2009

Settling in.

Switzerland is basically awesome. The views are beautiful, public transport works, technical things seem to work, and everything just seems to be done generally better than in Australia. The trains and buses have mostly been right on time, they have been up to about a minute late a few times. The tickets system for regular travel is much better than in Sydney. I have bought a monthly pass which allows me to travel on any transport in the zones for which the ticket is valid, this only costs 68F (about $75) which for taking the train 5 days a week saves a lot of money.

I saw my first ever snowfall yesterday. It was very pretty, the snow melted in a few hours though. Today there was a much heavier snowfall and there is now a layer of snow on the ground. I can also see snow up on the mountains, it all looks very beautiful. Falling snow is very beautiful too. To look outside and see that everything is white and there is white stuff falling from the sky looks quite awesome.

I bought a power point adaptor today. It appears that things in Switzerland are engineered to perfection. My Australian power plugs fit perfectly into the adaptor, I have rarely had a power plug fit into a socket very easily at all in Australia. On top of that, the adaptor works in every country in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment